Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday


WoW is hosted by the wonderful Jill at Breaking the Spine

Book: Legend
Author: Marie Lu
Release Date: November 29, 2011
Publisher: Penguin/Putnam

Description from Goodreads:

The United States is gone, along with its flooded coasts. North America's two warring nations, the western Republic and the eastern Colonies, have reached a breaking point. In the midst of this broken continent and dark new world are two teenagers who will go down in history....

Born into the slums of Los Angeles, fifteen-year old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. A mysterious boy with no recorded image or fingerprints. A boy who should no longer exist. A boy who watches over his family until one evening, when the plague patrols mark his family's door with an X--the sign of plague infection. A death sentence for any family too poor to afford the antidote. Desperate, Day has no choice; he must steal it.

Born to an elite family in Los Angeles' wealthy Ruby sector, fifteen-year old June is the Republic's most promising prodigy. A superintelligent girl destined for great things in the country's highest military circles. Obedient, passionate, and committed to her country--until the day her brother Metias is murdered while on patrol during a break-in at the plague hospital.

Only one person could be responsible.

Day.

And now it's June's mission to hunt him down.

The truth they'll uncover will become legend

5 comments:

  1. I'm sooo excited for this one to come out! I read a few months ago that the film rights have already been sold on it and I've been dying to read it ever since. Great WoW pick :)

    My WoW post is here: http://bitten-books.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html
    Kaity - Bitten Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered if someone would make America into warring nations again. This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I have been eyeing this one for a while myself. Here is mine: Fragments of Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice. I am really looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Blogger so totally deleted my comment. I'll echo what I wrote before. The whole idea of dividing the US into warring factions is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!