Saturday, November 29, 2014

Guest Post: Ivan Samokish

What is the Division Clock?

The Division Clock is a modern surreal fantasy novel that aims to explore the depths of the subconscious mind during times of great upheaval. The novel is purely a fictional fantasy yet it attempts to grasp the full scope of a person's struggle to find their own identity, make sense of the world and battle against any form of depression or oppression. 

Below is a quick summary of what the novel is about (although it only touches the surface):

"A young man battling with severe depression, loss of memory and gradual onset of madness races to find a stolen magical clock and reset time to save humanity from an evil power. Trapped in his own crazed visions, the line between reality and dreams is gradually blurred, leaving him struggling to overcome an adverse battle for identity, perception and restoration of sanity."

The novel is complete and ready for publication.

It is for sale online on Amazon or Smashwords where you can also preview the first sections to gauge whether you want to keep reading. At the same time, I am also handing out free copies to my initial 100 followers of my Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Division-Clock/646918018759106
Here are some quick facts about my work

- Division Clock is about 60,000 words in length
- Took about two years of planning and over a year to write
- Was written during times of upheaval in my own personal life
- Is inspired by the works of classical greats such as Bulgakov, Dostoevsky, Dickens and Shakespeare (among a few)
- There are 11 characters in the novel (along with several more mystical creatures)

Some facts about me

I like this quote (which somehow partly describes my feelings towards writing):

“Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.”

—George Orwell

Obviously, I don’t literally find it a pain to write, but being driven is definitely an apt description.
If you like my work any support is welcome! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!