Back Cover Blurb
She’s been trained to follow wherever her Core leads.
Until it leads her away from everything she’s ever known . . . into mortal danger.
Eighteen-year-old Kayli-el discovers she’s part of a new, evolving species on her planet, with a powerful internal guidance called the Core. After her teacher is murdered for its secrets, Kayli-el runs for her life – right into the arms of Tamber, a boy who’s crossed the ocean on a mysterious quest . . . to find her!
When the same killers who murdered her teacher capture her best friend Serene, Kayli-el faces a choice with potentially deadly consequences: follow her Core’s wisdom and flee across the ocean to safety with Tamber, or defy her own guidance to try to save Serene’s life.
Two sexy brothers on a mysterious quest, committed to adventure, courage, andfollowing where their Cores lead
An enemy race, seeking to conquer the planet and subvert the secrets of the Core fortheir own power-hungry purposes
A beloved best friend, captured by the enemy and presumed lost forever
A land at war, with danger at every turnRead the first chapter of The Girl With the Half and Half Face
On my website orOn Goodreads
Medium Bio: Leslie Miller grew up on a steady diet of Nancy Drew and is still on the lookout for important clues, even to this day. Leslie lives in Denver, Colorado where she works as a ghostwriter and developmental editor by day, novelist by night, and watercolor artist whenever she has time. A native New Yorker, Leslie worked in NY’s fashion industry as a dress patternmaker. She says, “You can take the girl out of fashion, but you can never take the fashion out of the girl.” Leslie’s novels incorporate her sense of whimsy and adventure. She hopes to take readers on a journey they won’t soon forget.
6 Facts about the author:
1. I am passionate about mac-n-cheese. No one can make it like my mom did, but I like to branch out and try all kinds. Five-cheese, truffle, lobster, gooey, dry, you name it, I love it.
2. I like painting shoes and turning dull, ordinary ones into one-of-a-kind DIY masterpieces with funky trims and studs and painted flowers.
3. I once got one of my pastel paintings got into the Pastel Society of America’s annual juried competition. It didn’t win an award, but I was very proud anyway.
4. I once tried to climb Ayers Rock in the Australian outback, but when I was halfway up, I looked down and froze in place. I couldn’t go up and it took me ages to get back down.
5. I have seen The Wizard of Oz at least 25 times. I’m obsessed. I think it’s the best movie of all time.
6. I was once picked up hitchhiking, as a teenager, by rock-n-roll icon Chuck Berry. (Kids, don’t try this at home!)