Monday, March 30, 2015

Author Interview: Glenn Maynard

What inspired you to write about reincarnation? 
The idea for this book came after reading the book, “Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation, by Ian Stevenson. This book was about the spontaneous recall of previous lives by children. I was so fascinated by these children in third world countries recalling lives of people who had died, and who had lived an unreachable distance from these kids. Researchers would then follow the kid’s claims and travel to talk to the surviving members of the deceased’s family. The claims of the children exactly portrayed the deceased, sometimes including the language the y spoke, and with information that nobody other than the deceased would know. “Desert Son” evolved from this book.
What is your favorite part about being an author? 
Holding that first book in my hands was up there high on my list. Everything could be seen online up to that point, but holding the physical book was huge. Book two was really nice too. The local author stories and booksigning blubs in the newspaper are very exciting as well. Getting all this accomplished with my parents still around to experience it takes the cake That reign of good forturne will not carry into book three. My father passed away in February, 2015 and my mother's alzheimers makes me barely recognizable to her. That's what makes books one and two so special to me.

What is your least favorite part of being an author? 
Marketing/Social Media are the most challenging for me. If money wasn’t an issue, I would definitely hire someone to take care of this aspect of being an author. It would be great to be able to concentrate on only writing. I really need to be introduced to Oprah.

If you could jump into the world of your favorite book, who would you be and what would you do? 
If I could jump into the world of my favorite book, my non-fiction memoire, "Strapped Into An American Dream," I would be myself and would be able to travel another year in an RV through the 48 contiguous states. What a rush that was!
Are you currently working on any other projects? 
I have written a sequel to “Desert Son” and I am currently editing. This time around I plan to search for a Literary Agent to assist with publication. The sequel is titled, Wayward Soul.
Tell us something about yourself that we wouldn't expect from reading your author bio?

I am a huge Boston Red Sox fan. I watch every game, and I thank the Lord for DVR so I can speed through the stinkers. It's the stinkers that free up more time for me to write.

About Desert Son
Carter Spence is a 26 year-old accountant out of Boston who has an out-of-body experience following a car accident that kills his parents. He views the chaos from above the scene of the accident, then passes through the tunnel and reunites with relatives who have long been dead. A woman he does not recognize approaches him and says, "Welcome, son." Her message to him is that he needs to be aware of his true identity and should follow signs that will lead him there. She mentions mountains, but Carter is jolted back into his physical body before she can finish. After burying his parents, Carter heads west and meets a free-spirit named Brenda, whom he is drawn to on many levels. She becomes his travelling companion and leads him to Boulder, Colorado, and to an old white house of an old man named Martin. Diaries, hypnosis, and past-life regression reveal a bizarre connection between these three. Carter discovers that the truth to his identity can only be found by pursuing the answer to whether he is the reincarnation of his biological father in what is shaping up to be a love affair rekindled beyond the grave.

Amazon


Disclosure: this post contains links to an affiliate program (Amazon), for which I receive a few cents if you make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!