Sunday, November 1, 2015

Spotlight of Auburn: Outcasts and Underdogs

99 cents November 1st and 2nd
About Auburn: Outcasts and Underdogs:
We were the lost. We were the broken. We were the freaks, the losers and loners hiding in the corners of the world.

And then we weren’t. Every morning I had to pick up the jigsaw puzzle of my life and rebuild it into something vaguely resembling a person. A hazy shadow of the happiness I was faking.

And then I didn’t. I didn’t become whole. No, there was no glue that could bind me back together. No remedy to fix any of us. We weren’t lost anymore, but we remembered losing our way. We weren’t freaks, but we remembered living on the fringe. We weren’t losers or loners, but we still remembered hiding from the world.
We were Auburn. I was Auburn. And this is my story.
-Ashley Nimzovitch, lead singer of the punk rock band Auburn
***
Auburn: Outcasts and Underdogs follows self-proclaimed outcast Ashley Nimzovitch through her freshman and sophomore years of high school, as she struggles to gain notoriety with her band and to gain acceptance at her school. This first half of the Auburn duology is slated for release on November 1st, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!