Monday, April 13, 2015

Spotlight: Barking Madness

 “I found you,” whispered into my ear.
"My life is crumbling away before my eyes while I do nothing to prevent it.  I have visited too many funerals, for too many friends who haunt my dreams.  Everybody dies eventually, right?  No, everybody dies young when they befriend me.  Was I born to die young? I don't think so.  I'm the only one here with the nerve to stay alive.  I can't be left alone.  Not with that hollow man, the one who hides his face.  That's what he wants, me to be alone, because once I'm alone, he's going to kill me!"
            Seventeen-year-old Rosetta Harper is plagued by nightmares of a masked man.  With her father’s new career move, her family has just relocated from Florida to the small New England town of Ashwood.   A quiet town and close-knit community where you know your neighbors, and trouble is a word unspoken. But soon after her arrival, her world and the worlds of her classmates come crashing down.

             Michael hates his family and feels alone and unloved.  He only finds comfort when he’s with his friends, but even they get on his nerves.  Everything about Ashwood and his life bores him, until Rosetta Harper moves into town.  With her as a new classmate, Michael finally gets the excitement he was looking for, but it may be at too high a cost.




Biography:
Ryan Hill is a YA fiction writer.  Born in Connecticut, Ryan now lives in Massachusetts with his family and is a student at UMass Amherst where he is pursuing a degree in English.  When not in front of his computer writing something creative or studying, Ryan can be found playing Xbox with friends, watching movies (he’s a huge movie buff), or working out. 
Ryan’s knack for writing fiction emerged at an early age, when he wrote stories for his own enjoyment. He decided to put his hand to writing a book at 17, when he came up with the concept for the dark, witty, and dynamic psychological-thriller, Barking Madness.  His novel appeals to young adult readers and people of any age who are looking for a good suspenseful story.  He enjoyed creating the different layers of characters and relationships in his story, and like any debut author, found it difficult to stop.  Science fiction, horror, and thrillers are his favorite genres.
You can find Ryan on Facebook, Ryan Hill Author Page, www.facebook.com/RyanHillAuthor, Twitter, @RyanHillAuthor, and email him at rhillwn@verizon.net.



Disclosure: this post contains links to an affiliate program (Amazon), for which I receive a few cents if you make purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!