Thursday, February 16, 2012
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you've tagged them!
1. What is your favorite genre to read?
My favorite genres are probably fantasy, science fiction, and dystopian. I love reading all genres, but those are the ones I tend to be drawn to!
2. Why do you blog?
I blog because I love reading and writing and sharing that love with others, and with book blogging I know everyone else has similar interests as me so I won’t bore you. Every once and a while I will be talking with friends and then go on passionately about a book I’ve read, and after a while they just get this blank look in their eyes… so I really wanted a place where that wouldn’t happen. ;-)
3. What is your favorite book from childhood?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. I don’t think I could list all of the books that made an impact on me as a young child, but I remember my mother reading the Chronicles of Narnia to me and I adored that series. Black Beauty was another one that I loved, Anna Sewell’s writing was so wonderful and I loved Black Beauty’s touching story. In middle school I was inspired to write a creative writing piece on Anna Sewell for an assignment.
4. If given the opportunity, which author would you like to meet and why? They can be living or dead.
Ugh! Again with the hard questions!!! Okay, I am just going to list three and I know I am leaving a bunch out, but here goes: J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Cassandra Clare.
5. What was the last book you read that you really loved? What makes it so special?
I just finished reading the classic A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It was a very different read from what I am used to, but I still loved it! I loved how the author didn’t need to have a giant story arc, and how the whole world didn’t need to be at stake for the characters actions to seem important. The writing is so exquisite, I have never encountered another style like it!
6. How many books on average do you read in a month?
It can range a lot, but always at least four a month. If I read less than one book a week I feel like I am behind in some way.
7. Do you prefer reading e-books or actual books? Why?
I don’t. I think there are pros and cons to it. I love that ebooks are cheaper and that they save trees, but nothing can really compare to me than the feeling of flipping the pages of a real book in my hands.
8. In your opinion, what is the most overrated book of all time?
I think Twilight is very overrated. To be honest I have not actually read it (I know, I know) but I just think that any book that so drastically tailors age-old myths to the author’s needs instead of just making up a new creature altogether seems a bit strange. And I had considered reading it up until I heard about the whole Renesme thing, and I’m sorry, but anything that twisted that is popular is overrated in my opinion.
9. What genre do you refuse to read? Why?
I wouldn’t say that there is one particular genre that I would avoid completely, there are definitely some that I don’t go out of my way to look for, but if persuaded, I think I could get through at least one book of most genres.
10. What is your favorite book to movie adaption?
Lord of the Rings, definitely. That adaption is absolutely amazing, and Peter Jackson did such an amazing job. Every change that they made, I understood, and in some cases was even happy about. Even the changes I didn’t like I thought the reasons why they needed to make them made sense.
1. When did you first discover your passion for reading?
2. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
3. What is your favorite thing to do outside of reading and blogging?
4. If you could hop into any fictional world/reality, which one would it be?
5. What are your literary pet peeves?
6. What is your favorite reading snack?
7. What is that series that you are dying to read but haven’t gotten to yet?
8. What was the saddest book you have ever read?
9. Approximately, how big is your TBR pile?
10. Which books do you consider your guilty pleasure?
I have tagged…
1. Sarah@ http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com
2. Preet @ http://awrittenrhapsody.blogspot.com/
3. Alleged Author @ http://anallegedauthor.blogspot.com/
4. Alex @ http://thebletheringbookworm.blogspot.com/
5. Amanda @ http://www.booklove101.com/
6. Books Ahoy @ http://www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com/
7. Mickey @ http://www.imabookshark.com/
8. Alaiel @ http://www.librarianmouse.com/
9. Moonlight Gleam @ http://www.moonlightgleam.com/
10. Valen @ http://thereadersheartstring.blogspot.com/
11. Nikki @ http://starbuckled.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much to Roberta for tagging me!